MASS TIMETABLE - 24 September - 1st October
Te Pārihi Katorika Ki Ngāmotu Mass Times
Click on any mass time to find out more information.
Nga huihuinga ka heke mai
Gatherings are limited to 100 - we will be using a 'first in first served' ticket system, so please arrive early for your preferred Mass time.
Our church requirements during Alert Level II include the following:
1. Masks must be worn by everyone while in church. Each church will have a small supply of masks (for those who forget)
2. People entering the church must sign in using the COVID-19 tracer app (or sign in manually and use hand sanitizer. Signing in must include children over the age of 12
3. You may be asked to help us with this process, firstly by welcoming people and then ensuring that everyone signs in, is wearing a mask and a reminding people to keep 2m spacing.
4. Church seating will be marked allowing 2m spacing in each direction.
5. Holy Communion is only to be given in the hand. Ministers are not free to place the host on people’s tongues. This is not negotiable.
6. The 100 participant limit does not include the presider, musicians, readers, coordinator and eucharistic ministers.
7. The Holy Water fonts are to remain empty
8. No singing at Mass or during funerals
9. No Altar Servers.
10. The priest is to wear a mask, except when reading the Gospel, giving the homily, praying from the Presider’s Chair
11. During Communion, the priest and Eucharistic Ministers must keep their mask on.
12. When coming forward to receive Communion, parishioners are to keep 2m distance from others, remove their masks when receiving the host (on the hand) step to one side remove their mask to receive the host and then replace it as they make their way back to their seat.
To be very clear, everyone is obliged to follow the public health requirements, because public safety comes before personal rights and personal opinions.
This is our new 'normal'.
We're looking forward to seeing you all!